Business & Civil Litigation Attorneys In Los Angeles, CA
Paro M. Astourian, Esq.
Paro M. Astourian practices in the areas of business law and civil litigation. In his position at the firm, his state and federal cases focus on:
- Business Litigation
- Real Property
- Personal Injury
He has been a practicing lawyer for over twenty-one years. His background as an active litigator and consultant in Europe and the Middle East has earned him an exemplary reputation. His practice is located in Los Angeles, CA, but he regularly travels to the Middle East.
Mr. Astourian is a graduate of the American University of Beirut and the Law College of the Lebanese State University. He has expertise with international litigation and has consulted for disputes involving foreign entities and individuals from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. He is particularly interested in and knowledgeable in legal matters concerning the Middle East and international law.
He is a member of the California State Bar (2003), the Washington DC Bar (2011), and the Beirut Bar Association (1996). He is familiar with West European Civil and Arab legal systems and is fluent in English, French, Armenian, and Arabic.
- Washington DC Bar (2011)
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California (2003)
- California State Bar (2003)
- Beirut Bar Association (1996)
- American Bar Association (2003)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (2004)
- American Trial Lawyers' Association (2005)
- California State Bar: International Law Section (since 2006)
Washington DC Bar:
- International Law Section
- Litigation Section
Los Angeles County Bar Association:
- Litigation Section; Labor & Employment Law Section
- International Law Section - Executive Committee Member since 2005
American Bar Association:
- International Law Section
- Middle East Committee
- AALA of S. California - Past Chair
James R. Galliver, Esq.
Mr. Galliver is a civil litigation attorney with extensive experience, including real estate, employment law, and commercial litigation. Mr. Galliver has represented both individuals and businesses in both state and federal courts throughout California. He joined Astourian & Associates in 2015.
He has prosecuted and defended numerous lawsuits and tried cases to verdict before both judges and juries. Mr. Galliver is well-versed in all areas of litigation and at all phases of the case. His clients include manufacturing companies, wholesale and distribution companies, real estate investment companies, restaurant chains, and individuals.
He has also counseled various business entity structures, the purchase and sale of businesses, and various business transactions.
Mr. Galliver received his bachelor's degree in business administration from the California Polytechnic University of Pomona in 2002. He received his J.D. degree in 2006 from Whittier Law School, where he was a member of the law review. Mr. Galliver is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in California. In his spare time, he enjoys the outdoors, hiking and camping.
Legal matters that Mr. Galliver has handled include:
- Employment Litigation, Including Wage, Hour, & Discrimination Suits
- Disputes Involving Sales of Businesses
- Construction Matters
- Land Disputes
- Litigation Involving Foreign Parties & Proceedings Outside of the U.S.
- Complex Business Litigation Involving Over Ten Million Dollars in Controversy
- Litigation in Which a Referee Was Appointed to Oversee Discovery
- Multi-Million Dollar Disputes Involving the U.S. & State Entities
Representative matters that Mr. Galliver has handled include:
- Unlawful & Unfair Competition Matters
- Business & Economic Torts
- Contract Disputes
- Trade Secret Violations
- Fraud & Deceit
- Elder Abuse Claims
- Premises Liability
- Breaches of Fiduciary Duty
Lucy Avedissian, Esq.
Ms. Lucy Avedissian is a Certified Specialist in U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law, as certified by the Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California. To serve her clients better, she is also fluent in Armenian and Farsi.
She has over twenty years of experience representing businesses, investors, professionals, institutions, and individuals in U.S. immigration matters. She is the past Chair of the Immigration Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and serves as a member of its Executive Committee. She is also a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Mrs. Avedissian was admitted to the California State Bar in 1994, the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in 1995, and the US District Court, Central District of California in 1995. Ms. Avedissian joined Astourian & Associates in 2009 as Of Counsel.
Mrs. Avedissian holds:
- Juris Doctor Degree from Glendale University College of Law, Glendale, California
- Master’s Degree in Linguistics, University of Essex, Colchester, United Kingdom
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business Management, Iranzamin College of Business Management, Tehran, Iran
She has been an active member of professional associations for several years. These include:
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Immigration Law Section 2008 - 2009, Chair
- Immigration Law Section 2004 - Present
- Member of the American Immigration Association - Southern California Chapter 1996 - Present
- Chair of the Liaison Committee with the U.S. Customs & Border Protection
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Immigration Law Section